The busy season has begun! Are you starting to feel the crunch? Too much to do, too much to buy, too little time? This season try these 5 quick tips to enhance your health and wellbeing without overwhelming your to do list.
1. Eat 5 fruits and vegetables each day. I won’t kid you, this takes some effort and planning BUT the payoff is huge in terms of upping your fiber, fluid, vitamin and mineral intake. This natural boost to your immunity will keep you powering through the month. An added bonus? Filling up on nutrient-dense, lower calorie foods like fruits and veggies will keep you from overeating the leftover Halloween candy and Thanksgiving pecan pie.
2. Drink 5 tall glasses of water each day. It is amazing how much clearer you think when you are well-hydrated. Five glasses of water is a much more doable goal than 8-10 cups of water daily, don’t you think? Here’s a secret: in reality, you will probably meet your 8 cup goal depending on how tall your glasses are!
3. Take 5. For every hour you sit, take five minutes to get up, stretch, and walk around. Take a few deep breaths while you’re at it. Relax your shoulders. Clear your mind. Not only will this short break make your muscles happy, your mind will be refreshed when you get back to the task at hand.
4. Get in the habit of going tech-free for 5 whole minutes each and every day. Put down the smart phone, hide the tablet, power off the television, and turn off the computer screen. JUST BE. What will you accomplish or enjoy during those five free focused minutes of single-tasking? If you try this tip and it seems really difficult, keep at it! Take it as a sign that you need more tech-free moments in your life.
5. During this time of Thanksgiving, note 5 things you are grateful for. Not only will you feel more joy in your life, cultivating an attitude of gratitude has been linked to boosting the immune system.
Use these 5 ideas to keep yourself on a healthier path this month. Remember, perfection is not the goal here, progress is. Taking time to do even some of these things throughout the month will ensure you are on a healthier track.